Sunday, March 1, 2015

Experiment with Bead Gel







Am linking up today at: 
I love seeing what everyone is creating over there and am always inspired.

My art journal page was an experiment with Golden's Bead Gel. This was my first try, and I wasn't aware that the inks I was using wouldn't give that intense color I was trying for.

I started with a coat of gesso on my page. I added the letters to spell TRUST one at a time with bead gel drying between each application. Next came the fruit cluster Kaisercraft sticker, that I covered with clear gesso, some tissue tape and scraps of old book paper. I topped those with Golden Light Molding Paste using C W Harlequin stencil. I layered on several inks From Lindy's -  Starbursts: Whale Watch Blue and Tibetan Poppy Teal; Flat Fabios: Aloha Avocado and Pineapple Paradise. This is at the point I gave up and went to bed, hoping that in the morning the inks would have soaked into the bead gel producing a gorgeous, rich color. Silly me. They were still a rather pale hue... pretty but not what I wanted. I mixed up some Golden Heavy Body Teal and Satin Acrylic Glazing Liquid, brushed it on the letters and waited a minute before removing the excess with a baby wipe. I liked this color much better but I lost the glossy look of the beads - a small price to pay. Now I added some stamping, ink and gesso splatters, and charcoal highlighting. Another step in the journey.

Thank you for stopping by!
Linda


1 comment:

Ros Crawford said...

Loving the texture ... Terrific Journal cover!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...