Friday, June 26, 2015

Romance Novel, Masculine Style


I always like to take a set of beautifully feminine papers and see if I can make a manly card from them. Marion Smith put just enough neutrals in this collection to do just that. Even with the hint of pink on this chipboard piece, I think it still says masculine.


I piled on the chipboard... five pieces total. I was really trying to reduce my stash here, plus add a lot of layers since I knew I couldn't use my flowers and Spanish moss. I squeezed on some gold Liquid Pearls to brighten things up a bit, and tied on a few wraps of May Arts natural burlap string.


The book paper heart was a gift from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I can truly say I use all these little bits and bobs that Linda packages so prettily and adds in with my orders.



The metal filigree is also from Linda's store.


We have had an amazing amount of rain in our neck of the woods... nearly everyday for about three weeks now. Thankfully there have been times of sunshine to offset the cloudy skies, but still it would be nice for a few days of dry weather. We are getting a garden full of flowers though... one compensation.

Thank you for stopping by!
Linda

7 comments:

Samra said...

Such handsomely beautiful card Linda!!! Love those papers, they look amazing and the way you arranged them is absolutely splendid!
Have a great day!
Samra

Ros Crawford said...

You definitely achieved your goal! Very beautiful but with a definite masculine feel!

Pamellia said...

Wow Linda, it's handsome and beautiful at the same time, well done! Love all the fabulous layers and how you wrapped the twine around them! The corner pieces are an incredible touch! hugs :)

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Linda!! It's masculine and fabulous!! I love the details you added!! It looks amazing!! We've been getting quite a bit of rain, too...it's raining now. But everything is vibrantly green!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

My gosh this is so cool!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

So many nice details that make a lovely creation Linda!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, I would say you definitely nailed the masculine design here, Linda! These papers are perfect, and I really LOVE all your layered chippies! Loving all the text print, and the twine tie, and those fancy corners look amazing! Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...