Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bundle of Joy Baby Pocket Card


Going through my stash this week, I came across an Archivers' bag. (Wow... memories of my favorite scrapbooking store came to mind, and how I miss that place!) Inside that lovely frosted plastic bag with the all too familiar green, yellow and blue logo, I found three 12x12 sheets, a 6x6 pad, a unopened package of 3-D chipboard stickers and a small packet of scraps. I remembered buying this Echo Park Bundle of Joy collection to make a layout for our, then new grandbaby, Adelaide. But why on earth did I buy so much? I guess so that I could make some cards with the remainder almost two years later... because that's what I'm doing with it.


Good timing in that I had just received a shipment of soft pink assorted flowers from I Am Roses. Perfect when added to a white rose and two skeleton leaves.


I pulled out three different dies for these three layers: Alterations Distress Doily, Sizzix Vintage Doily and Spellbinders Labels Seventeen.


S-10's in soft pink from I Am Roses...


and a banner and a tiny double heart from that package of Bundle of Joy layered chipboard.


 I added a wide eyelet and a scrap of dyed seam binding to my tag. I trimmed it up with some white felt ric rac... very babyish, I think, with a kind of plush blanket effect.

I'm entering my Bundle of Joy pocket card in the Word Art Wednesday challenge.
I hope my little Sweetheart banner qualifies as a sentiment!

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!
Linda


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! The papers and design are so beautiful!! Absolutely stunning!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! This is so beautiful!! Love all those layers!

Pamellia said...

Wow Linda, just gorgeous as always! Layer upon layer of yummy colours and patterns, just so soft and delicate! Wonderful card! hugs :)

Stella said...

Linda this is gorgeous. I love the layering and the color palette. Fab design. I laughed when you wrote "why did I buy so much? " I think that papercrafters are also excellent hoarders :)
Have a great weekend; hope all is well. X

Tracy said...

So pretty. Looks to me like you found the perfect project for that happy find. Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...