Monday, August 24, 2015

Playing with Foils, It's Just a Matter of Time Pocket Card and a TV Interview


In working on a masculine card, I thought I would try a Tim Holtz technique using Ranger foils and Sticky Embossing Power, which Tim says is just powdered glue. Zowee... I love this stuff!!! After sponging the paper edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink, I sprinkled on the SEP, tapped it off slightly, and melted with my heat tool. I laid down the foil immediately and tapped lightly with my finger tips until it cooled. Then I just gave it a bit of a rub and it started to detach, leaving that beautiful foil edging behind. Then I filled in some gaps with the same piece of foil by just dabbing it over the spots that needed more. So simple! Another great Ranger product I'll use again and again.


My papers are more odds and ends from my My Mind's Eye hoarded collections, which are almost to the point of nonexistent. I'm going to miss these beauties, unless they hurry and come out with something new like they use to produce.


My embellishments include an Idea-ology Time Piece, Game Spinners, Long Fastener, and a K & Company layered sticker.


I also used three pieces from Idea-ology's Expedition ephemera pack.


The layers are cut with three different Alterations dies Bigz Postage Stamp Frame, On The Edge Torn Notebook, and in the center cut out of Idea-ology Textured Surfaces cork... Movers & Shapers Baroque Mini.


There's also a Idea-ology Mini Paper Clip in the mix. My tag is stamped with Happy Birthday to You and embossed with Ranger's Gold EP. 

If your wondering about the TV interview in my title, our son will be doing an interview on Channel 3 News, WKYC in Cleveland, Ohio Tuesday night  at 7:00 (8/25/2015) to talk about his movie and future projects. If you're in the area, I'd be thrilled if you'd give it a view.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super fabulous Linda!

Davi said...

Wonderful vintage look Linda, Awesome as always ;)

Tracy said...

Loaded with tons of awesome ephemera and that foiling looks amazing. Sounds like a pretty simple process for something that looks like a million bucks. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...