Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Some Fall Inspiration


Some people are born to inspire. Audrey Pettit is one of those with that ability. Our styles are quite different, but she can create a fabulous card, and it screams "okay, Linda, make one like me!" Numerous times, she was been my starting point, my muse, my inspirer. My fall wall hanging is my take on this one Audrey created for Sizzix (my favorite die company ever). 


We were in Tennessee, when I read her post and saw her project. My mind wandered back to those Alteration's pumpkin and banner dies I saw at Your Scrapbook Superstore that morning.


Thankfully, when I got there the next day they had one Pumpkin Jack left, and I eagerly grabbed it up along with the Tattered Banners. Now I couldn't wait to get back to Ohio and create my own.


I started with a piece of Canvas Corp Flute (fancy for cardboard) and added a mat of BoBunny DoubleDot Gingerbread Vintage paper. At this point I went ahead and added two wide eyelets in the top corners to tie in my seam binding ribbon and bows. The next mat layer of Tim Coffey's K & Company fall paper is popped up with foam 3-D adhesive.


I cut my Pumpkin Jack from the orange and green papers in the Core'dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic collection. I embossed it with my Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls folder, then sponged on Archival Coffee ink on the raised areas.


It looked a little plain not having eyes, nose and mouth like Audrey's, so I cut out a design using Alterations Mini Acorn die. Under it a put a scrap of that same DoubleDot, first heat setting it with two coats of Utee (ultra thick embossing enamel.) Then on went the banner... it's DoubleDot Chiffon Journal, stamped and sponged with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.


I added two I Am Roses leaves sponged with Gathered Twigs D I and a Petaloo flower to the base of the pumpkin stem.


Then I glued on a bit of Spanish moss at the bottom, more Petaloo flowers, and two metal leaves that I shaped with my needle nosed pliers.


I think that covers it all.

Thank you, Audrey, for inspiring me. I loved your little smiling guys so much, I just had to have my own... and now I have two new dies to play with, too!

Thanks for stopping by... I so appreciate it!
Linda

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I LOVE it, Linda! And I'm so tickled that I inspired you with my little grinning pumpkin ornies. Just makes me smile to see your beautiful take on it! I love the papers and colors, and the cluster of flowers and leaves you added to the bottom is so stunning. I adore your fall pumpkin, too. Fun embossing folder detail. And I love that acorn cut out. How very clever, and looks amazing with the coating of UTEE. Love it!

Davi said...

This is awesome, I love every inch of it :)

Tracy said...

That Audrey truly is an inspiration. I can just picture you waiting at the door with your nose pressed against the glass to get those Sizzix dies. LOL Wonderful autumn creation Linda.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...