Friday, December 18, 2015

Merry Christmas Pocket Card


Did you ever wonder why I make so many pocket cards? Well, there are several reasons. (1) It's easy to tuck a little something extra in the pocket (like a Starbucks gift card) without it falling out when it's opened, (2) there's a nice big work surface for flowers and foliage or if it's a masculine card, there's space for extra die-cuts, metals pieces, etc., (3) it's easy to cut and score, glue it up and it's ready to embellish, (4) it showcases the base paper on the back as well as the front, (5) there's a good amount of room on the tag to write a nice long message if you're inclined to do so, (6) and I love the overall look of the tag blending in with what I've created on the card front. A pocket card is my favorite substrate.


My Merry pocket card is a combo of Bo Bunny Double Dot Vintage in Wild Berry and Teresa Collins Santa's List.


I have some four inch white cotton doilies in my stash, and cut one in half and added it as a third layer. It worked the same as 3-D foam since it was so thick. The florals are Petaloo (of course). I love those pine and berry bead sprays they came out with for Christmas. The silver metallic cord is by Darice.


The silver snowflake charms came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. The teeny tiny rhinestone is from TPC Studio.


The Wild Berry die-cut was made with Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares.


My Merry tag was cut with Alterations Tiny Tabs & Tags. The tag has a wide silver eyelet from We R Memory Keepers, white seam binding ribbon bought from Prairie Bird Boutique, tiny red jingle bell by Darice, and a Funkie Junkie silver snowflake charm.

I hope you're all enjoying the season... decorating your home, shopping, gift wrapping, parties, etc. I love Christmas time, and I especially love buying gifts for our grandchildren. I can't wait to see them open their packages... what fun!
Have a wonderful day, my friends!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

I totally get it! These are truly so useful and big enough for so many beautiful things. You always come up with the nicest layouts on your pocket cards. I truly love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...