Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Vintage Friendship Card


As I said on my last post, I love the artistry of the old October Afternoon collections. Having pulled out what is left of my OA stash for my last card, this printed chipboard piece caught my eye and I determined to use it as a focal point for my next. The pretty lady in the hat is from their Farmhouse Attic Trunk sheet. The other papers are vintage Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends Remnant. The leaves were cut from a scrap.


Vintage lace from my stash.


I Am Roses mulberry flowers from my recent buy. LOVE this color!!!




I got the frame from Michaels Dollar Bin. It was an odd sort of pearly silver color. I brushed on a coat of Titanium white acrylic paint and when dry added some Distress Rock Candy Crackle. The pearliness still shows through which was okay. I was happy with the look.


I heat embossed the leaves with Ranger UTEE for that high gloss finish and extra strength.


It's a pretty gloomy day here with rain on the horizon. It would be great if we would get a good downpour, but for the last two months the precipitation seems to skirt around us. We had the odd shower, but nothing to really soak into our bone dry ground. Maybe today!!!
Take care, friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

SUCH a beautiful card, my friend! I truly love these colors together. The red, white, and turquoise is such an amazing combo. Love what you did with that frame, too! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...