Friday, December 9, 2016

Rejoice Christmas Wall Hanging


After much travel and home reworking (some minor remodeling), I was able to squeeze in one Christmas project. The movie premier was a big hit and our son has already started the next, with The Penmaker and I in tow to watch the shooting (in West Virginia). After Texas and Arkansas, we did some Civil War battlefield touring, did part of the Natchez Trace, and ended up in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, thankfully two weeks before the fire struck. We traveled through nine states this time, in celebration of the movie and our 50th wedding anniversary. All in all, a most wonderful time!


The base is Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic gold paper cut to 5" x 9" and backed with an ivory wool fabric. The layers are Core'dinations Foundations cardstock in a dark blue, a gold glittered paper I picked up in Pigeon Forge, and Bo Bunny's Whiteout collection from last year. The flowers and berries are by Petaloo and my foliage was cut with Alterations Thinlits Holiday Greens. The frame was cut with Spellbinder's Oval Floral dies and the labels with Thinlits Labels. My sentiments were stamped using my old Jesus Is Born Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set, which is now discontinued (but they have some other great Christmas sets).
I still haven't gotten started with my cards, but hope to soon. Have you? I'm sure I'm the only one who hasn't.
Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is beautiful!! It really will look beautiful hanging on your wall. Glad you had a wonderful time and even happier that the movie premier was a success ... You must be very proud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...