Thursday, February 16, 2017

Steampunk Happy Birthday Card Plus Key Pens


Pulling out the Kaisercraft box today, I'm using a variety of papers featuring Miss Empire for a steampunk birthday card. I've always been head over heels with this collection, but sad to say I'm reduced to scraps and just two full sheets, neither of which are my top favorites. Whine, whine, whine. Sorry, that was terrible. I have such an abundance of beautiful papers, I should never complain about using them up.


I put together a pocket card, adding in some metal brads from Prima and Graphic 45 to help the steampunk effect along.


The flowers are all from I Am Roses and the foliage was cut with Alterations Thinlits Garden Greens and shaped with my tweezers. The tiny Happy Birthday tag is a Sizzix Framelits w/Stamps. It's tied with my old standby, ivory May Arts burlap string.


Lots of 3-D foam adhesive here to pop things up to different levels!


The Penmaker's two pens are both key pens made in designer acrylic. This one is antique pewter with an authentic patina and natural darkening that brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all it's own. Very lovely!


His second pen has a rustic, authentic look of antique brass. It's been chemically darkened to simulate aged brass, resulting in a beautiful, long lasting brown plating with golden undertones. I love the purple he chose to go with this!


Which is your favorite? I have a hard time deciding between the pair.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...