Friday, June 23, 2017

Framed Bird Sympathy Pocket Card


Hi friends!
Busy week at our house, but the Penmaker and I took a day off yesterday and ran away. Our destination was Butler, Pennsylvania. I'll tell you more about that later. For now, I have a sympathy pocket card to show you made with Bo Bunny's Juliet collection with a bit of Kaisercraft Fairy Dust.


I did a lot of layering on this card and made a number of die-cuts... all from Alterations. The doily is  Thinlits Doily, the frame (it's doubled for extra stability) is Bigz Ornate Frame 2, the oval is Thinlits Stitched Ovals. With the Petaloo teal Botanica flower are Thinlits Garden Greens leaves that I heat embossed with Ranger UTEE, and Thinlits Wildflowers.


With Sympathy is from the Kaisercraft mini stamp set Sympathy. The bird image is one I printed from online onto white cardstock.


Now back to Butler, PA. The Penmaker (wonderful husband that he is) is always on the lookout for scrapbook shops. He found this one, Scrapbook Super Station, in Butler on Wednesday, and drove us over there on Thursday. It took us a little over two hours, but was a gorgeous drive and the weather was ideal. And the store... Super Duper. We had a great time going through their massive selection of supplies. Just about anything you would want, but a little light on some of my staples like Prima papers and flowers. I picked up a couple sheets of Rossibelle, which is almost impossible to find. They had 49 & Market on which I spent most of my budget... Vintage Artistry papers and lots of their new flower packs. I was tempted to buy Tim Holtz's new Oxide Distress inks, but the rack was nearly empty, and I was wanting all the colors at once. All in all a great shopping experience... very friendly staff and an extremely nice fellow crafter I met down one of the aisles. Be sure to check this one out if you're anywhere near.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...