Monday, September 4, 2017

Harvest Time Birthday Pocket Card


With Labor Day weekend winding down, there is one more get together on our schedule. A visit from Adelaide and her mom. Since our son has to work, we will be cooking out with just the ladies today. For later in the day, I have some craft time planned... if I still have the energy... lol.


My Harvest Time pocket card was a struggle for me to make, but ended up as one I'm extremely happy with. When I pre-ordered this new Tim Holtz Scarecrow Thinlit set, I wasn't thinking about it taking up all the real estate of the card front. It dawned on me when I started that I would need to re-think my layers and foliage. Since I normally pile them on, something had to be changed.


I started with a pocket card base and a mat layer (this is Prima's gorgeous new Amber Moon collection), inking the edges with Distress in Carved Pumpkin. I stamped some fence post on my next layer, and realizing it didn't match the scarecrow silhouette, cut another layer from the same paper. I pulled out my Alterations Mixed Media die, cutting the right corner to expose that bottom layer I had already adhered down. Now I was on a roll and it all began to fall into place.


I scuffed my black Kraft Core scarecrow with my sanding block, cut leaves and a twig with Thinlits Fall Foliage in three fall shades of Kraft Core, inking and shaping with my tweezers.


I added the flying birds that are part of the Scarecrow set, and made a sentiment using Thinlits Labels, a scrap of Metallic Kraft Core, and my old Sweet 'n Sassy Happy Harvest stamp set. In the corner I put three Theresa Collins gems (still using up my old stash). On my tag I added a wide copper eyelet and some wrinkled, pumpkin colored seam binding tied into a double bow.
This is a great new die set. 
If you're looking to buy something for fall, I recommend this one. I have lots of ideas in mind for this set and will show you what I come up with as I create. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...