Friday, September 22, 2017

Today Is Full of Possibilities Clipboard Layout


Hello to all!
I've been feeling adventurous lately, so I tried something new... 
mixed media on a burlap covered clipboard. I bought this clipboard at Michaels at a terrific discount a long while back. It's just been hanging out in my closet, getting pulled at every now and then, looked at, then put back on the shelf. Yesterday I felt really inspired by Paula Cheney at One Lucky Day. Although my project isn't the same, some of the techniques she used are, and that was my inspiration. I love the tag she made, I love the products she used. I hope you can spot some of them on my project... my ever so neglected clipboard which is now fully decorated and ready to be displayed.
I began with Idea-ology's Wallflower Paper Stash. I did some machine stitching, then stenciling with Tim Holtz Speckles Layering Stencil and Distress Collage Crazing Medium. When it was dry, I applied Distress Collage Vintage Medium. I distressed the edges and sponged on Vintage Photo DI. I adhered it to the clipboard with Distress Collage Matt Medium.


Now I started layering. The wood piece is a Prima Wooden ATC that I stained with Distress Stain in Vintage Photo. 


The sentiment is Idea-ology's Quote Chips rubbed with Vintage Photo DI.


The layers are paper scraps from the Wallflower PS alternated with art foam for dimension.


There is also some TH packaging in there. a piece from Idea-ology Collector Layers, and a torn scrap of book text... all distressed and inked.


The flowers are by I Am Roses. They matched the paper so nicely and my sweater, as well.


The twine is May Arts natural burlap string.


This wood cross is from my favorite shop in the Smoky Mountains. If you zoom in, you can see some of my white splatters I added using watered down Picket Fence Distress Paint.


I distressed the metal pieces with Picket Fence, too... brushed on from the bottle and wiped with a cloth. The filigree came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique, the screw head is by Prima, and another I Am Roses flower.

Sorry for the long length of this post... 
thanks for sticking with it... and...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...